Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Registration

I'm currently in the processing of registering for my classes. What's that you say? Registration started nearly two weeks ago! Fortunately, I'm at the stage in my life where my classes (with titles like Ergonomics and Biomechanics and Legal Aspects of Safety and Health and Toxicology Rah Rah Rah!) don't fill up nearly as quickly as say "Math Class Essential For Finishing College" or "Humanities, Whips, and Chains offered in 3 sections with 6 sections-worth of People Needing to Take It" or the class I needed at SIU...I think that one was called "I don't care if 50 seniors need it to graduate, we're not offering it this year." The call number on that was CSC 306, btw.

Anyway, I'm staring at my Program Sheet and much to my shock and surprise, after I finish my summer internship, I'm down to 3-ONLY THREE!!! classes needed to complete my Masters degree. I'm going to find out tomorrow how many additional classes I'd need to add another option to my degree. And if it's more than 2 semester's worth, I'm going to just pick 2 "fun" classes that I've always wanted to take, yet haven't been able to. So far, for fun classes, I'm looking at a 500-level Toxicology class offered through the Chemistry Department (all hail me, alumni) and one other...maybe some sort of class on diseases or maybe even something with a lab. Now that I'm working in an office, it's strange to get ready for work by getting fixed up in business clothes and not pulling back the hair and donning my lab shoes and white pinstripe coat. I miss the smell of chemicals pipetting things and titrating stuff. It's weird to no longer find holes burned into my pants when I'm doing laundry...okay, that part I don't mind so much.

You know what? Why spend hours pouring over a course catalog trying to choose my adventure when you, dear readers, can do it for me. Post in comments which classes you think I should take "for fun" should the option to do so arise.

No comments: