Friday, April 30, 2004

She's got a lot of Heart(beat)

So today around 3:30, I was hooked up to an EKG because I've been having a fluttering/bubbly sensation in my chest. It's not been painful, but it's freaky and it'll make my teeth go numb. The print out from the machine called it something like "sinus arrhythmia", but the doctor thought that the machine was being overly sensitive because at the same time, the EKG showed that I have a good, strong heart. Basically, a few times an hour, my heart is tossing in an extra beat, and that's why I'm feeling funky. I was given the option of wearing a halter monitor for 24 hours, but I declined because if the medical professionals weren't too worried and overall, other than being freaky, it's not been problematic...then why should I drag around a heart monitor for the next day. However, if this continues for another week or so, or if I start to get short of breath or pass out or any other list of things to watch for, I'm going back to the doctor.

The stickers they put on me for the EKG...I'm still finding them. I didn't wear a proper shirt for having this done, apparently, because I was laying on the table with my shirt pulled over my head, trying not to move the entire time. The stickers are really light and pliable-I could only feel some of them, and I think it was because I knew they were there. Since I got home, I've found 3 EKG stickers. I guess I could give them away as door prizes...first 3 responders get a used EKG sticker.

No comments: