Thursday, April 01, 2004

Things I'll always Like

Convenience Stores and Everything within: I confess! I love slurpies/slushies/squishies and those gigantic nacho cheese pumps (which is such a fat-kid thing to say). I love those little things of ice cream that come with the wooden paddles with which to eat it and the rack of aging magazines in the corner. I love the coolers of ice and that pay phone-you know, the one you have to wash your hands after even just looking at it. I like the "ding" sound of the door opening and the flickering lights. I like looking at the miniature versions of toiletries which are way overpriced (though unless in dire need, i'll never purchase anything from that shelf).

The View: You heard it hear folks, I have an unabashed love of the morning estrogen-fest that is the view.

Smoky Bars: Cheap drinks and second hand smoke are nice, but it's the atmosphere that counts. They're usually poorly lit to boot, which adds to the charm. In an ideal world, I'll live in a place where there's one around the corner with dark wood and green accent (like the padding on the chairs and booths, etc) and it'll have a dart board and this great jukebox in the corner with a predominately Rollingstones selection.

SkeeBall: You have no idea how happy it makes me that there's skeeball at gattis. I really should go more often. And you get prizes for playing-even if you're not that skilled.

Cartoons: I've graduated to things like anime and The Family Guy but the general idea is still there.

Magazines: preferably fashion magazines. There's something nice about staring at pretty dresses and reading articles about makeup after a day spend studying toxic mechanisms and air sampling strategies. It's thoughtless reading.

Watching TV in Bed: It's such a decadent activity, but frankly I don't care.


This gaze into my odd mind has been brought to you by tonight's sponsor: sleeplessness.

Oh, by the way, Happy freakin' April Fools Day.

No comments: