Sunday, February 29, 2004

Diet Coke with Lime

Variety is the spice of life...which is why at 2:00 this morning, I got in my car and drove to the gas station so I could obtain a Diet Coke with Lime to sample. This stuff is the goodness. It will put a smile on your face and show your tastebuds who's boss. It's crisp and refreshing and way better than it's awful, awful lemon counter part. A quick comparion: Diet Coke with lime is for fun, Diet coke with lemon is for cleaning your countertops. Any questions?

Oscar Night

Throw your hands in the air and wave 'em like you don't care if you're tuning in tonight. As frivilous and trivial as they are, I live for awards shows and this is the mack daddy of them all. The dresses, the drama, the blubbering acceptance speeches...I'm a sap for all of this. People that should win: Johnny Depp > Sean Penn. Pirates of the Caribbean was by no means a cinematic masterpiece, but it would be refreshing to see someone win for a fun peformance rather than an emoting one. Bill Murray should get an Oscar just for being Bill freakin' Murray. The Lord of the Rings should win because LOTR > * and it better not be yet again robbed. It'd be cool to see Soffia Coppola win but the award SHOULD go to Peter Jackson for the most spectacular LOTR. If Clint Eastwood wins, as cool as he is, I will gnaw on my sandal. Supporting roles...still undecided. I think I'll decide right before they announce the winner. Charlize Theron looks like an in for Best Actress. I didn't see Monster, but the Academy seems to smile upon hotties that wreck their looks for a film.

aside:The Halle Berry/Charlize Theron Monster Connection

Monster's Ball: Halle Berry deglamorizes herself in a small release, rather gritty film with the word Monster in the title.
Monster: Charlize Theron deglamorizes herself in a small release, rather gritty film with the word Monster in the title.

Therefore: Charlize Theron will win tonight.

(and further proof that despite my protests, I don't have enough to do)

Oscar Night, continued

Original Screenplay: Lost in Translation or maybe in a surprise, Finding Nemo.
Adapted Screenplay: LOTR, though that horsey little film Seabiscuit could snatch it away because of it's feel-good overtones.
Best Original Song: wtf? I've never heard of any of these songs!!! Where's Eminem? Where's U2? Where the heck is Aerosmith?!?


Interview, Part 2

Second phase of the job interview tomorrow. I'm feeling more relaxed about it because I've not got some more interviewing experience under my belt and a better idea of the questions I may be asked. Still spending some time tonight researching more about the company and referring to my air sampling book to cram some more info into my head to better be able to answer those scenario questions. Sometimes I wonder why I entered such a technical field, but I can't see myself doing anything else. Wish me luck tomorrow, I'm just going to go be myself and do my best...or go get that job!

No comments: