Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Life in Mono

Mononucleosis that is. That's right folks-I think I have mono. I'm chronically tired, my lip is infected, my glands are probably swollen, and I know I've probably been running warm lately. All of this points to one thing: chronic illness. I think I have mono...either that, or I'm really bored.


What do you Want to Do with Your Life?

...so? What is it that you want to do? I have to write an essay discussing my future career goals. You know...ask me what I want to do with my life and I can rattle it off in a few short sentences because I've learned to be very open and flexible with my plans for the future. A lot of my formative experiences have taught me to be very flexible and not too specialized with what I want to be/do because sometimes the best way to get from point A to be involves detours through points C, D, and E and wherever else life may take you. I don't like writing about myself...yet I keep this journal of life's little moments. But this is different because it's so randomized...this is small doses of every day life. Observations. Fact recording. The other...ruminating on a life to come.

Me, Myself, and I

from now on, I'm gonna be my own best friend... (great song)

Shot in the Foot Update

I've pulled it out at the buzzer...when I finish my essay tonight, I will be ready to pick up my letters of recommendation and submit everything. Now all I have to do is actually FIND the building where I'm supposed to take them. I've driven around the area a few times and am having a horrible time finding the place. Not cool at all because this totally contradicts my self-proclaimed "homing pigeon-like" sense of direction...that, and having once gotten lost in Clarksville, TN (where is the interstate?!?). Perhaps I just need a different set of directions? Finishing the suite inventory tomorrow evening and submitting it Thursday. With everything I have to do and with having to get to Illinois on Thursday, attending environmental is looking much less appealing...and probable.

Dreams

If you're one of my friends, chances are, I've had a dream about you lately. For some reason, I've assembled a cast of "regulars" which inhabit my dreams on a nightly basis. And all my dreams are the most noneventful visions...they usually involve just hanging out and having fun. No drama, no romance...the people in my dreams aren't even the people I consider myself closest to. Some people claim dreams are visions of what to come, or the answers to questions you have yet to ask...I think mine are just weird.

The Sub in the Fridge

I have part of a santa fe sub from quiznos in the fridge...i don't really want it, but I know that it NEEDS to be eaten. But right now, my hiccups are so bad, I think my chest is going to implode. But just a bit would taste pretty good about now.

No comments: